Wheelchair and mobility assistance
Wheelchair and mobility assistance is provided by your airline. Arrangements should be made directly with your airline at least 48 hours before you travel. Be sure to advise your airline about any specific assistance or equipment you may need to travel through the airport or onboard the aircraft.
Self-service wheelchairs are available for your use from designated areas of the terminals, without pre-arrangement. Wheelchairs feature handlebars, arm rests, footrests and wheel locks.
New charging stations for electric wheelchairs and mobility devices now available
We’re committed to providing an enjoyable and stress-free experience for all passengers at Toronto Pearson. New charging stations for electric wheelchairs and mobility devices are now available in Terminals 1 and 3 in the following locations:
- Domestic near gate D35
- Transborder near gate F66 across from Tim Hortons
- Departures level 3 near Peel Police booth
- Departures level, across from WestJet Airlines accessibility seating area
- Gate B28
- Domestic near Fionn MacCool's and Plaza Premium
- Transborder Between Urban Crave and gate A13
The charging stations offer passengers using electric mobility devices the opportunity to enjoy travel without the stress of low batteries and the ability to recharge while waiting for their flight.
Read more about accessible air travel
- Take Charge of Your Travel: A Guide for Persons with Disabilities
- Accessible Transportation for Persons with Disabilities Regulations
- Accessible Canada Act