At Toronto Pearson, we understand that airplane noise can have an effect on our surrounding communities. The Noise Management Office will register and analyze each airport noise complaint against aircraft noise based on operations in and out of Toronto Pearson.
We do need specific information from residents to ensure we can investigate properly:
- Date and time of incident (as well as any descriptors of the incident)
- Personal information (name, phone number and full address including postal code)
If information is missing, we’re not able to properly investigate the complaint and therefore the complaint cannot be officially registered.
Noise complaint processThe Noise Complaint Process outlines what residents can expect from the Noise Management Office when they register a noise complaint. Note that a complaint against an operation in any given month must be submitted by the 5th day of the following month to ensure we are able to investigate. Complaints submitted later than this will not be processed.
What happens when you submit a noise complaint to the Noise Management Office
- We listen to or read the complaint carefully.
- We analyze the complaint by checking our Aircraft Noise and Operations Monitoring System (ANOMS) to determine what may have caused the issue.
- If we notice the complaint is correlated to a potential violation, we forward the complaint and operation to the Enforcement Office for review.
- We register the complaint and include it in our statistics reports.
- If the resident requests, we follow up with them to let them know what operations were affecting their area and answer any questions they may have submitted.
Register a noise complaint
Use WebTrak is an online tool that gives a near-real-time view of the sky above the GTA. Residents can use it to identify the aircraft that affected them and can make a noise complaint directly from the platform. You will need Adobe Flash 9 or higher to use this tool.
Fill in the online form
Check “yes” in the complaint form to receive a call back from the Noise Management Office. A few seconds after submitting the complaint form, a confirmation message will appear. If you do not see this notice, please contact us at (416) 247-7682 to register your complaint.
Call us at (416) 247-7682. You can speak to someone Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. After hours, a voicemail service will allow you to leave a detailed message.