Pearson offers a defined contribution pension plan with employee and matching company contributions that grow based on tenure, and an optional group registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), which employees can participate in through automatic payroll deductions. Employees also have access to resources, tools and education to help plan for retirement.
Group health benefits
Our health coverage includes but is not limited to:
- Extended healthcare – Prescription drugs with pay-direct card, vision care, out-of-country coverage, semi-private hospital room and paramedical coverage for services like naturopathy, massage therapy, physiotherapy and chiropractic care
- Dental – Coverage for preventative, basic, periodontics and endodontic, major and orthodontic services
- Insurance – Basic life, accidental death and dismemberment and long-term disability coverage
Employee assistance program (EAP)
Through our EAP, employees can access private and confidential counselling services to help them deal with a range of issues.
Paid leave at Pearson includes vacation entitlements that grow based on tenure, and absences for family-related responsibilities.
Employees on maternity or parental leave who receive government employment insurance benefits may receive top-up payments for a portion of their absence.
Education and training
We support employees through comprehensive training and professional development programs:
- Employee training – Helps set our employees up for success. Each position in the organization has their own curriculum
- Professional development – In-house classroom and computer-based training, external training and education and tuition reimbursement programs
- Tuition assistance program – Provides financial support to employees who want to further their education and training.
- Management trainee program – Provides high-potential employees with skills and leadership development to equip them for future management positions
Recognition and reward programs
As we work to become the best airport in the world, our employees are embracing our vision and making exceptional contributions. Our recognition programs reward employees for their outstanding performance and impact on our vision, mission, and/or values.
Reach for the Stars
This program provides an opportunity for leaders and peers to reward individuals and teams who exceed expectations and make a positive impact on our company.
Evening of Excellence
This annual gala celebrates and thanks all employees for their contributions throughout the year. Awards are presented to select employees who have gone above and beyond in living our values and setting a positive example.
Service recognition program
This program recognizes employees for service milestones from 3 to 40 years.
Employee discount programs
Pearson employees benefit from discounts on local products or services, such as gym memberships, vacation packages, restaurants and hotels.
We host regular staff events, including staff barbecues, sporting events, award galas and others.