- We are Canada’s busiest airport.
- In 2018, 49.5 million passengers travelled through Pearson and we handled 473,000 flights.
- An extensive list of scheduled and charter flights provide Toronto region with non-stop and same-plane service to more than 175 cities around the world.
- In 2018, we handled 557,400 metric tonnes of cargo.
- We are home to 1.2 million square feet of warehouse space, an average of 0.37 tonnes per square foot.
- We process over 45 percent of Canada’s air cargo.
- We are the only airport in Canada with scheduled freighter service to Europe, Asia, USA and Latin America.
- We facilitate 50,000 jobs.
- Pearson Airport is the second-largest employment zone in Canada.
- We generate or facilitate 6.3% or $42 Billion of Ontario’s GDP.
Pearson has five main runways and 30 taxiways, constructed of concrete, asphalt or a combination of the two.
- Runway 06L-24R measures 2,956.5 x 61 metres (9,697 x 200 feet)
- Runway 06R-24L measures 2,744 x 61 metres (9,000 x 200 feet)
- Runway 15L-33R measures 3,369 x 61 metres (11,050 x 200 feet)
- Runway 15R-33L measures 2,770.5 x 61 metres (9,088 x 200 feet)
- Runway 05-23 measures 3,390 x 61 metres (11,120 x 200 feet)