Pearson Airport is a hub of activity. We welcome news media to film in the public areas of Terminals 1 and 3 – no notice required.
Public areas are those that don't require a boarding or security pass to enter. They do not include baggage halls. In the case of an event, we will designate a staging area for media.
Requirements while filming
Media must respect the direction of airport staff at all times, including, but not limited to, requests for identification. Remember that passengers and staff have no obligation to be filmed. Media personnel are responsible for gaining permission from any and all individuals being filmed.
- Be prepared to provide identification
- Get individual permissions before filming anyone in the terminals
- Respect operational and security staff at all times
- Park your vehicle properly in lots
- Film security personnel or security checkpoints
- Block or restrict passenger movements
Live transmission (media trucks)
Live media trucks are only allowed in the visitor’s parking lot in front of the GTAA Administration Building at 3111 Convair Drive (just off Renforth Drive). While in this lot, please obey the “no parking” signs and do not park in fire lanes.
Do not park your media truck along airport roadways, as there are traffic flow, navigational aids and height restrictions that must be considered.