We are currently doing this through:
- Partners in Project Green, which transforming industrial and commercial areas into eco-industrial areas.
- Air quality monitoring and improvement through the on-property use of electric cars and the availability of charging stations.
- Honey bee hives on airport property to support food security and sustainable agriculture in the surrounding area.
- Wildlife management, which includes using falcons to control the birds in the area, ethical trapping and wildlife manipulation.
Partners in Project Green
Partners in Project Green is a business-led initiative to transform more than 12,000 hectares of industrial and commercial land surrounding Toronto Pearson into North America’s largest eco-industrial area.
Partners in Project Green supports a growing community of businesses working together to strengthen the Greater Toronto Area’s economy and environmental sustainability by fostering collaborations with businesses and municipalities, supporting the installation of green technologies and participating in environmental projects.2018 marks the 10 year anniversary of Partners in Project Green.
In 2018, we participated in several events with Partners in Project Green.
- Community tree planting – the GTAA partnered with PPG to sponsor four tree planting events
- Recycling collection drive – During waste reduction week the GTAA collected clothing and household textiles to donate in support of Diabetes Canada
- Ongoing participation in PPG’s Material Exchange program to exchange material between businesses and non profit organizations to divert waste from landfill