Cared for by local beekeeper, Kuldip Jassal, the bee hives support food security and sustainable agriculture in the surrounding area.
Did you know?
- Bees have two stomachs – one for eating and one for carrying nectar or water back to the hive.
- After the honeybees regurgitate the watery nectar, they fan it with their wings to remove excess moisture. The final result – honey!
- Bees must collect nectar from about two million flowers to make one pound of honey.
- The flower where the nectar is gathered from determines the honey's flavour and colour.
- It is estimated that honeybees contribute to one-third of the food we eat.