For many, the first sign of spring is around the corner: March break! This is one of the busiest periods of the year at the airport—not far behind summer travel—so if you’re travelling through Pearson, we want your experience to be as comfortable, predictable, and enjoyable as possible, and your journey to go without a hitch.
That is why we have compiled a list of tips to help your airport journey be a seamless one every step of the way. In addition to equipping you with tools to facilitate your travels, we also offer several services and experiences for you to enjoy, both before and after your trip through Pearson.
Here are some ways you can prepare before heading to the airport:
- Need to park? No one likes driving around looking for parking; pre-book and guarantee yourself a spot.
- Speed up your security screening process by reserving your spot in the queue with our online reservation system, YYZ Express (not available for flights to the U.S.)
- Get through U.S. Customs faster with the Customs and Border Protection Mobile Passport Control (CBP MPC) app
- Enjoy the world of Duty Free: Reserve your goods in advance with the Reserve & Collect program
- Whether you’re arriving, departing, or connecting, the meet-and-greet service, ALLWAYS, is here to deliver a seamless end-to-end airport experience for you. Book your own airport concierge for your travels
- Be informed of what you can and can’t take through security and what needs to be placed in the bins so you’re organized at the checkpoint: https://www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca/en/what-do-i-put-bins
- Pack your medication in your carry-on
- Let us do the heavy lifting; pre-arrange Porter services before you arrive at the airport and let one of our Porters assist your journey
- Secure the right cash you need for your trip with International Currency Exchange (ICE). Order online and have it ready for pick-up when you arrive.
- Visit our accessibility page to find out more about our programs and services we offer to make your travel easier including information about the Sunflower Lanyard Program and how to get your lanyard ahead of arriving at Toronto Pearson
While you’re here, take advantage of one of the many services available to make your airport journey that much easier:
- Need to take a COVID-19 test? Testing is available at DrugSmart.
- Need to lighten your load? Safely store your bags and/or coats for a few hours—or weeks—with Excess Baggage.
- Looking for a private space for nursing? Find clean, comfortable nursing suites in both terminals, perfect for the travelling parent who would like their own space to pump or breastfeed.
- Travelling with a furry companion? We have pet relief areas, pre- and post-security, for your four-legged friends to have a comfortable experience.
- Need to pass through Canadian Customs? Use the ArriveCAN app to submit your declaration in advance and speed up your border experience.
- Want to freshen up before your flight? Showers are available at GoodLife Fitness and some of the Plaza Premium Lounge locations, as well as Wellbeing, where you can also treat yourself to one of their many spa services!
Spring into travel mode with special deals and featured items from our many partners in terminal!
The Slurpees have landed at 7-Eleven just in time for spring travel! Save time and order ahead for pickup with Uber Eats! Grab snacks, drinks, and essentials on the go. Airport layovers just got sweeter! Check out the new look in T1 Arrivals.
Techies rejoice! The Source at Toronto Pearson has all the latest gadgets this spring - from sleek laptops to noise-cancelling headphones. Upgrade your travel game and make your wait fly by with cutting-edge tech! Visit T1 near Gate D20 or the many kiosks throughout Toronto Pearson.
Sip on sunshine with the Citrus Leave cocktail at SSP restaurants in Toronto Pearson! This refreshing drink features Ketel One Botanical Peach & Orange Blossom vodka, McGuinness Melon liqueur, lemon and pineapple juices. Perfect for a pre-flight pick-me-up! Or take a break from travel stress with the R&R -featuring Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit & Rose vodka, Aperol, lemon juice and simple syrup. Tangy citrus flavours and a hint of sweetness make these a must-try for any cocktail lover. Locations include: Rock Squeeze, Pronto, Boccone, Mill St., Urban Crave, Distillery, Tap & Pour and Cork&Well! Please enjoy responsibly.
Plaza Premium Lounge
Fly into spring with style and comfort at Plaza Premium Lounge! Enjoy exclusive deals on comfortable seating, delicious food, refreshing drinks and relaxing amenities. Start your trip off right and book now to elevate your travel experience!
From blossoming landscapes to sunny beaches, spring break travel doesn’t have to be stressful. Relax, unwind and recharge before your flight with Plaza Premium Lounge. Don’t miss out the chance to make your airport journey even more effortless with ALLWAYS Meet & Assist.
Available from 1st – 31st March 2023.
Go effortless with ALLWAYS Meet & Assist
Enjoy a seamless, hassle-free journey from the moment you reach the airport. Take a 20%* discount off airport Meet & Assist service, available at Toronto Pearson. Discount exclusive to Smart Traveller members. Book now!
Lounge More, Save More with PPL Pass
Save up to 50%* ✔ Premium lounges ✔ Valid 1-year ✔ Instant Sharing
Great for families, groups and multiple trips, enjoy a 10%* discount on top of amazing savings when you purchase a PPL Pass Canada 5-visit or 10-visit, or PPL Pass Americas.
Discount exclusive to Smart Traveller members. Don’t forget to log in with your Smart Traveller credentials before purchase as discounts are applied automatically. Get your PPL pass now!
Finally, we know travelling can be tiring, so if you have time to spare, take a load off and enjoy one of the many experiences and impressive displays in the terminals:
- YYZ Live: Live music by local talent of all genres, curated by the City of Toronto in collaboration with Toronto Pearson. Enjoy a special St. Patricks Day edition on March 17th! https://www.torontopearson.com/en/while-you-are-here/art-and-culture/music-at-yyz
- Ron the Magician’s exciting magic shows in T1 both Saturday and Sunday!
- Surprise & Delight Giveaways in T3 with Lester the Moose!
- Family Lounge in T1 – Enjoy family entertainment and activities in the free family lounge!
- Kid’s activity books and crayons found at our Info desks
- Plane spotting: In Terminal 1, Level 3 near Starbucks, you can find one of the best views inside the airport for marvelling at jets of all colours and sizes – bring a plane spotter’s guide and spot the tails!
- Sense of Place/Welcome to Toronto art installation : Located in Terminal 1 baggage halls and Terminal 3 Domestic baggage hall, these larger-than-life, cinematic photographs will create a sense of place for arriving passengers, immersing them into our world-class city and surrounding regions, including Mississauga and Brampton.
- Tilted Spheres: This huge installation had to be completed before the terminal roof and walls could be completed. Consisting of four huge steel fins, it’s big enough to walk through and create an echo.