Find out about upcoming events available for the Toronto Pearson Employee Community. Learn about training and reskilling opportunities available for workers in transition and seeking new career paths. New initiatives will be added regularly as they become available.
Training Opportunities for Employees
Workshops by Job Skills for Toronto Pearson Employees (Past and Current)
The Propeller Project, in collaboration with Job Skills, is offering a series of employment workshops that are specifically designed for Toronto Pearson Employees affected by COVID-19 and looking to secure employment. The next workshops are:
- Financial Wellness – Budgeting and Debt Solutions 101: If you’re a job seeker over the age of 40 join us for this informative workshop to learn some strategic job search techniques that will help you triumph over negative age-related stereotypes. This workshop is designed to assist mature individuals to assess and pursue career options based on their many years of accumulated skills and experience.
Date and time: Thursday, March 4, 2021 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Register: Financial Wellness – Budgeting and Debt Solutions 101 | Job Skills
- Women in the Workforce: Attend this workshop to learn how you can establish a healthy work/ life balance by learning about resources available to you and how to put them to use. This workshop will show how the skills you have mastered and the skills you are learning relate to the job market, and how to use these attributes to source jobs and advance your career goals.
Date and time: Thursday, March 11, 2021 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Register: Women in the Workforce | Job Skills
Other workshops to consider
- Personal Finance Essentials (McGill University – Free):
If you're ready to take charge of your personal finances, then you're in the right place. From budgeting to borrowing, real estate and beyond, invest a few hours in this free, online course and you'll gain the knowledge and confidence to make a lifetime of smart financial decisions. Taught by professors from McGill University's Desautels Faculty of Management, the course is open to everyone. Register on their website.
- PIVOT Program for Hospitality Workers (Hospitality Workers Training Centre)
This is a free 2-week program open to any job seekers who are currently ready, willing and able to work. You will gain knowledge about the current job market and develop strategies to find work. PIVOT Core Programming includes on-line instructor led training sessions, independent activities and one-on-one coaching. Learnings will include:
- Identifying transferable skills and pivoting to in-demand career opportunities
- Updating your resume writing and interview skills
- Preparing for job search
Training Programs for Managers and Employers