Our investments are focused and strategic, to allow for maximum impact for the organizations and projects we support, Through our Uplift Fund we look to support projects that will:
- Provide job seeker supports; from pre-employment training and skills development, career advice and counselling, to mentoring and post-employment supports
- Provide employer and business supports that will help facilitate training and advice to help businesses recruit better, retain and promote local residents
- Supply knowledge building to better understand talent gaps, issues, and raise awareness around underemployment
By supporting such projects, we aim to:
- Enhance the capacity and sustainability of our community partners
- Enable the creation of more effective supports and services to our local residents
- Create more meaningful job opportunities
- Seek out opportunities to support Diversity Equity and Inclusion training and programming to tackle the systemic barrier of racism and discrimination that contribute to underemployment.
Some of the community organizations we supported since 2018 include: ACCES Employment, Achev, Brands for Canada, CivicAction, Eva’s Initiative, Hospitality Workers Training Centre, Job Skills, Lab B, MabelleArts, NPower Canada, Peel Halton Workforce Development Group, Rexdale Women’s Centre, Scientists in Schools, Skills for Change, Toronto Region Board of Trade, and Windmill Microlending.
In 2019, we committed $1 million in funding for programs aimed at addressing underemployment. We awarded seven community investment projects specifically focusing on the issue.
Read why we chose underemployment as our priority investment focus, and the outcomes of our 2019 funding.
Read our 2021 Evaluation Report to have more in-depth knowledge about the work we do, our theory of change, and why our community partner organizations are passionate about working with us!