Notice for Airport Workers: New operating hours at the Pass Office
The GTAA Pass Office is now operating from 0700H until 1600H, seven days a week. The Pass Office will continue to remain closed on statutory holidays and on the second Thursday of every month. Airport workers are required to book a spot in the Virtual Queue for all visits to the Pass Office. Read the airport advisory for more information.
Hours of operation
Monday to Sunday*
7:00 am to 4:00 pm
*We are closed on the second Thursday of the month and on all statutory holidays.
To use the virtual queueing system
- Select a date and time
- Fill in your contact information
- Accept the terms and conditions and click “Confirm”
- If no dates or times are visible, all places are full. Additional timeslots may become available throughout the day. You are encouraged to refresh and check the virtual queuing website.
- You will receive an email/text notification if your booking was successful. If you did not receive that email, your spot if not confirmed.
Arriving at the Pass Permit Control Office
- All customers must arrive at the Pass Office 15 minutes before their prebooked timeslot.
- If you are more than five minutes late for your appointment, you may need to rebook.
- When you arrive at the Pass Office, check in with Pass Permit Control Office Reception for service.
The Pass Permit Control Office helps with:
- Submission of transportation security clearances to Transport Canada
- Restricted area identity cards (RAICs)
- Pearson administration building pass
- Vehicle markers
- Airside vehicle operator’s permits (AVOPs)
We are located in the Terminal 1 Parking Garage, Level 5.
Return your passes and permits
You must return all security items issued by the Pass Permit Control Office to either the employer or the Pass Permit Control Office if you no longer need them. This includes all valid and expired security items such as RAICs, keycards, temporary passes, AVOPs, vehicle markers, and ACO cards.
Return of security items upon termination of employment
The GTAA recognizes that many Toronto Pearson workers have been left unemployed by the economic impact of COVID-19 on our industry. To continue to maintain safe and secure operations, all security items no longer required due to termination of employment at Toronto Pearson must be returned to the Pass Permit Control Office immediately. It’s important for everyone to stay safe and healthy during this time and practice physical distancing. If you are exhibiting or experiencing illness or any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not visit the office and arrange to attend at a later date.
Lost or stolen passes
If one of your security items is lost, stolen or misplaced, you must:
- Report it immediately to your employer and the Pass Permit Control Office.
- Complete the application form for the pass that was lost or stolen.
If you lose or fail to return a security item, you will have to pay a fee.
- First time: $100
- Second time: $200
- Third time: $300 (GTAA and the company's signing authority will review the employee's right to hold a pass)
- Refunds: 50% Refundable if pass returned within 30 days. No refunds after 30 days.
- First time: $100
- Second time: $100
- Third time: $100
AVOP or ACO
- First time: $50
- Second time: $50
- Third time: $50
Payment can be made by debit or credit only.
- email email@example.com