Thank you to our passengers who took the time on their day of travel to share feedback. This would not have been possible without our 50,000 airport colleagues and partners whose innovation and collaboration have led to this achievement.
We are honoured to receive this ASQ Award from Airports Council International, the gold standard for measuring passenger satisfaction from the global organization representing the world’s airports.
In 2018, our commitment to continuous improvement led to many customer experience enhancements within our terminals, including:
- faster Canadian Air Transport Security Agency (CATSA) Plus security screening lanes to process over twice as many passengers as a traditional screening lane
- expansion of shopping and dining options with 27 new retail, food and beverage locations introduced across both terminals
- the revitalization of all 80 washrooms in Terminal 3
- continued work toward improving the cleanliness of both terminals
- enhanced ground transportation options for passengers to get to and from the airport
- a 10x speed and capacity upgrade to Toronto Pearson’s free Wi-Fi
- the introduction of more than 400 new digital screens across both terminals for improved wayfinding
- the installation of accessible, state-of-the-art nursing pods and world-class Changing Places Assisted Changerooms
- the continuation of the free YYZ Live series of in-terminal musical performances
- the introduction of St. John Ambulance Therapy Dogs to the Toronto Pearson Welcome Team Volunteer Program
We were also recognized with a second 2018 ASQ Award—Most Improved Airport in North America—for making the most year-over-year improvements of any participating airport in North America, making improvements in 90 per cent of the 34 performance indicators that are important to passengers.
Thank you for choosing Toronto Pearson. Twice is nice, but we recognize our work is not over. Our passengers can count on Pearson to continue delivering a great travel experience as we work to achieve our vision of making Canada’s largest airport the best in the world.