All companies that are currently contracted to provide services to a Pearson Airport tenant need to have a Licence to Operate (LTO).
To obtain or renew a LTO, complete the Licence to Operate Application Form and include your supporting documents.
To complete the LTO application, you will be required to submit these supporting documents:
- Authorization Letter(s) (PDF, 13 KB)
- Certificate of Insurance (PDF, 36 KB)
- Articles of Incorporation
Certificate of insurance
Your Certificate of Insurance must be valid for a minimum of six months from the date your LTO is scheduled to start. When completing the Certificate of Insurance, be sure that it states the following:
- Under the Additional Insured: “Greater Toronto Airports Authority and Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada.”
- Commercial General Liability Policy: with a minimum of 10 million per occurrence if you require unescorted access to Airside and a minimum of 2 million per occurrence otherwise.
- Automobile Insurance Policy: with a minimum of 10 million per occurrence if you require unescorted access to Airside and a minimum of 2 million per occurrence otherwise.
We require a minimum of five business days to process applications once all required documentation has been received. Failure to submit all supporting documentation along with your application will result in a delay.
Once all documentation is received, your renewal application will be processed in a minimum of five days. Failure to submit all supporting documentation along with your application will result in a delay.
If you don't want to renew your LTO, send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- The name of your company and agreement number (example: YZ#######)
- Stating that you no longer wish to renew your LTO
- Date that you stopped doing business at Pearson
There are two reason an application may be denied:
- Documentation was submitted incorrectly. If this happens, we'll return your application to you with a request for the appropriate amendments.
- We already offer those services via existing tenants. In this case, your application will be placed in an Interested Parties list, and we'll contact you if a future opportunity arises.
Equipment and vehicles
To maintain a safe operating environment, we are re-evaluating the level of equipment and vehicles operating on the airfield. During this time, we will not be issuing any LTOs or Ground Handling licenses that require the use of additional equipment and/or vehicles airside.