Latest news for airport workers
Mark’s 25% off coupon
Wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is the best way to help protect you from hazards that may harm you and that you’re protecting yourself. We want to help make sure you’re safe every day. We’ve worked with Mark’s to offer all airport employees a 25% off coupon for regularly priced merchandise to ensure you have the right PPE to work safely.
The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) directive comes into effect on December 1. It states that safety vests and CSA approved footwear are required to be worn at all times when working airside. Airside includes all baggage laterals, make-up, and baggage road areas; all terminal, hangar, cargo, maintenance, deicing, and general aviation aprons; all vehicle corridors, including taxiways, runways, and adjacent areas.
Take a break with one of Be Relax’s spa services
Do you work in Terminal 3? Then take advantage of Be Relax’s employee offer*. Employees can book up to three spa services at a discounted price while on break or before/after a shift.
1. Hypersonic - buff, shine and polish your nails. A 20 min service for only $36 CAD.
2. Be Back - relax for 15 min in a comfortable massage lounger for $22 CAD.
3. Be Spoke - customize your own 10 min massage for $30 CAD.
Be Relax is located in Terminal 3, near Hammerhead Gate 36.
*Offer valid for YYZ air crew, and GTAA and Toronto Pearson employees only upon presentation of a RAIC and depending on availability. Employees who do not work in Terminal 3 cannot use the offer unless they are there for a valid work reason and/or are travelling as a passenger. Additional services not listed will be charged at regular price.
- Learn how to spot human trafficking at Toronto Pearson. Take an interactive e-learning course designed for airport workers and help play a role in disrupting human trafficking.
- RAIC Applications and renewals – There have been several changes to the way you apply for or renew airport RAICS and other passes. Be sure to familiarize yourself before coming to the Pass Permit Office
- Toronto Pearson wins ACI’s ASQ award for Best Large Airport in North America for the 4th Year in a row! Thank you to airport employees!
- Since 2020, everyone at Toronto Pearson has been working to provide a Healthy Airport experience. Things may look a little different, but every change has been made with your health and the safety of our passengers in mind. Learn about new measures to keep you healthy at work.
What our passengers will experience
When our passengers are ready to travel, we’ll be here to help them do it safely, with new processes, communications, and tools to help reassure them about their travel experience. Together, we can work to ensure a positive journey for our passengers as we all adjust to the changes in travel.
Resources for airport workers
Pearson Works Online-Pearson Works! Online is a collaboration between the GTAA, the Toronto Airport Workers Council, and 20+ community services organizations committed to ready the industry’s workforce for post-COVID and beyond. This virtual resource centre includes training and development opportunities; Access to community resources for employment, housing, mental health and food security and the latest information on available government supports.
GTAA and the Toronto Airport Worker’s Council release statement on joint efforts to keep workers and passengers safe
The GTAA and Toronto Airport Worker’s Council (TAWC) met to discuss the impacts of COVID-19 on Toronto Pearson. Discussions focused on efforts to ensure the health and safety of workers who continue to service the airport, as well as workforce recovery strategies for airport workers and employers who have experienced significant difficulties of the virus. Read the full statement.