Airport Security Awareness Training is designed to educate airport employees of their role and responsibilities as it relates to airport security. This training is completed online and divided into two modules:
- Module 1 – a national module; and
- Module 2 – a YYZ site-specific module.
This training is mandatory for:
- A new airport employee applying for a Transportation Security Clearance to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC);
- An existing RAIC holder applying to renew their Transportation Security Clearance and RAIC before expiry;
- A returning RAIC holder who has not worked at Toronto Pearson for more than 12 months and requires a RAIC; and
- An existing RAIC holder transferring from another Canadian airport to Toronto Pearson requiring a YYZ RAIC.
Review the Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 235 KB).