November 29 to December 3 marked the second annual Pearson Partners Week, our weeklong celebration of everything we do as an airport to volunteer in, partner with, and support our community.
From coffee chats and volunteer opportunities with our partners at MABELLEarts, Frontlines Toronto, SEVA Food Bank, ACCES Employment and Brands for Canada to a new art exhibit at Terminal 1’s Malton Gallery in partnership with JAYU, our team and our passengers celebrated our local community through discussion, art and giving.
One way we support our neighbours is through the Propeller Project – Toronto Pearson’s community investment fund, focused on community-building initiatives. Take a minute to learn more and find out how you can get involved.
- MABELLEArts - The MABELLEarts team connect with local residents, particularly newcomer women and young adults, and provide them with skills-building and leadership training through visual and performing arts community-building projects.
- Frontlines Toronto – This dynamic youth charity in York-South Weston provides culturally relevant and inclusive programming to children and youth aged 6-29
- SEVA Food Bank - This long time Pearson Partner addresses the challenges of food security and underlying poverty to spur economic renewal in Mississauga
- Brands for Canada – Brands for Canada provides new donated clothing, personal care and houseware items, at no cost, to people living in poverty
- ACCES Employment – ACCES connects employees from diverse backgrounds with employers through programs like speed mentoring and MyPlan which supports underemployed workers find career paths.