Cleaning, sanitization and hygiene
- Toronto Pearson has a Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Edward Wasser. He helps us make science-based decisions for the health and safety of our employees and passengers. Learn more about Dr. Edward Wasser.
- Our Healthy Airport program was developed with the expertise of an industrial hygienist, ensuring that Toronto Pearson stays at the forefront of new technologies and the latest research.
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the terminals takes place every two hours, with a focus on high-touch areas, including escalators, moving walkways, handrails, stairways, baggage carts, kiosks and bathrooms.
- Cleaning staff take a three-level approach to cleaning using Tersano, Oxivir and Ultra-Lyte, as recommended by our contracted industrial hygienist.
- Autonomous floor cleaners are in use throughout the airport.
- We perform continuous and enhanced cleaning in the terminals, including bathrooms, escalators, moving sidewalks and other high-contact areas.
Other actions we’re taking
We’ve added or enhanced cleaning procedures and will continue to evolve these processes as needed. These include:
- Additional cleaning and a heightened focus on high-touch areas, such as kiosks and handrails
- Additional hand sanitizer stations at key terminal locations, access points and other heavily travelled areas
- Use of disinfectant wipes and solutions for escalator, moving sidewalk, stairwell, wheelchairs, and baggage cart handrails and handles
- Regular disinfecting of all hard surfaces
- Frequent disinfection of terminal washrooms
- Regular disinfection of self-service kiosks
Passenger Service Representatives are ready to help at several locations throughout the terminals. If a Passenger Service Representative is not at an information desk, you can still connect with them for assistance through video or through speakerphone.
We have many other ways for you to connect with a Passenger Service Representative at your convenience, including phone, email, and online by desktop or smartphone. See all the ways to reach us on our Contact Us page.