Our healthy airport commitment
We commit to making passenger and employee health our top priority.
- Passengers and employees are required to wear face coverings, which cannot have an exhaust valve or vent.*
- Continuous cleaning with innovative cleaning approaches
- 3 level approach to disinfection using Tersano, Oxivir and Ultra-Lyte as recommended by our contracted industrial hygienist
- Disinfection focused on high traffic areas, including escalators, moving walkways, handrails, stairways, baggage carts and kiosks
We commit to working with our partners to set strong, consistent standards for passenger and airport worker health.
- Updates via Twitter (@torontopearson)
- Health and COVID-19 response information available at torontopearson.com
- In-terminal digital screens, signs, floor decals and public announcements
- Dr. Edward Wasser joins Toronto Pearson as Chief Medical Officer. The guidance and advice of the Chief Medical Officer is critical to ensuring we are providing science-based solutions for the health and safety of our employees and passengers. Learn more.
We will deploy multi-layered tools and adjust quickly to changes and current intelligence.
- Touchless / Low-touch technology for check-in and boarding process including self-service check-in kiosks and contactless bag drops in several areas
- Ultra-violet (UV) light is being used to disinfect high-touch escalator and moving sidewalk handrails
We will ensure our approach is best in class and aligned with international aviation standards.
- Using guidance outlined by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Toronto Pearson’s measures meet and, in many cases, exceed recommendations
We will explore all innovative and technologically advanced solutions for ensuring the safety of our passengers and employees.
- A strategic partnership with BlueDot, a leader in advanced data analytics and technologies to predict and monitor infectious disease risks
- Autonomous floor cleaners are in operation throughout the airport
- Upgraded filtration and UV germicidal irradiation installed in our HVAC system
- Virtual customer service officers