We take every opportunity to talk transit with all our Pearson communities throughout the year.
- We hosted student journalists to learn about Union Station West and spread the word to their peers
- Our summer Street Team shared our transit vision with neighbours at community events
- We built support for a new transit hub among airport employees
Pearson attended Board of Trade (BOT) events in the region with key elected officials to highlight regional transit needs and share how important transit connectivity is for business.
- Mississauga BOT events with Minister Fideli, Minister Scott, and Premier Ford
- Brampton BOT with Minister Mulroney
- Toronto Region BOT's Transportation Summit
Pearson is part of the Airport Employment Zone Coalition. This year, the AEZ Coalition was active to talk about prioritizing transit connectivity in Canada's second largest employment zone.
- Sponsored Mississauga BOT's Minister Smith event
- Met with Minister McNaughton and Councillor Ford
- Hosted Premier Ford for a roundtable discussion
Pearson is also part of the Connect the Corridor (CTC) Coalition. This year, CTC struck a Business Advisory Council for businesses along the Toronto-Waterloo Innovation Corridor to work with Ministry of Transportation and Metrolinx. The Council wants to provide input that makes sure the plan to implement two-way, all-day GO service on the Kitchener line unlocks the full potential for business to grow and create jobs in Ontario.