You can play an active role in helping to make your air travel experience smoother. See below for ways that you can prepare ahead of visiting Pearson:
- If you’re departing, give yourself extra time and arrive early. For domestic departures, we recommend 90 minutes prior to departure and for international departures, including to the US, we recommend three hours prior.
- Brush up on what you can do to make your security screening experience smoother by watching the Canadian Air Transport Authority’s recent Facebook Live video.
- If you’re 12 years of age plus 4 months or older, you’ll need to be fully vaccinated in order to board domestic or international flights departing from most airports in Canada, including charter and foreign airlines carrying commercial passengers.
- Test at the airport with Switch Health and get your results before you fly. Conveniently book your appointment at the drive-through or in-person clinic, now open early morning and late night, by visiting Switch Health’s website.
- If you’ve not travelled for a while, be prepared for an international arrivals experience that differs from pre-pandemic times. The arrivals process may take 2-3 hours, largely due to government health checks, depending on your specific set of circumstances.
- For a smoother arrivals process, download the latest version of the ArriveCAN app for iOs or Android.
- Pre-register for your on-arrival COVID-19 test with Switch Health to avoid the registration line at Pearson by visiting Switch Health’s website.
- If you’re picking up a loved one, please allow enough time for them to complete the arrivals process before coming to the airport. Once here, park in one of our convenient cell phone waiting lots or use Express Pass to get 18 minutes of terminal parking for free. Reserve ahead online. You will not be permitted in to the terminals.
Connections processes at Pearson are evolving as Government of Canada health requirements change. For more information on your connections process, visit our connections page.
- Winter weather could mean delays! Our ground crews work hard every day to get you on your was efficiently, but in inclement weather, your safety is always our top priority. Learn more about winter operations.
- Air travel during a pandemic can be stressful on everyone, but we’re in this together. We’ve asked our airport staff to be patient and understanding, and we kindly ask the same of you.
- Use our travel planning tool to determine what documentation and COVID-19 tests are required for your journey.
- We’re working hard to create an experience of air travel that enables everyone to participate fully in the exhilaration of exploration, as well as the enjoyment of reuniting with friends and family. To learn more about our accessibility services, including mobility assistance, please visit our accessibility page.
- There are several food and beverage options available, from sit down restaurants to take-out offerings. You can also order ahead of time for pick up with Uber Eats to skip the line and reduce physical touchpoints, available in select restaurants. To find out what options are available while travelling, visit our While You Are Here page.
For more information on how you can prepare for your next travel experience at Pearson, please visit our Travel Information Hub.