International arriving passengers should expect delays
Your arrival experience will be different than trips prior to the pandemic. Due to new government travel requirements, you may experience additional screening, health checks, and delays to your arrivals process. To help you better understand the process, the steps that you will take upon arrival at Toronto Pearson are as follows:
- If a flight arrives during peak times, passengers may be asked to deplane from the aircraft to an area within the terminal. To prioritize your health, passengers will be required to wait for space to become available in the customs hall, where processing begins.
- Once in the customs hall, you will be screened by a Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer, where you will present your documents and show your ArriveCAN app submission.
- After screening is completed by a CBSA officer, you may be referred to the Public Health Agency of Canada to answer additional questions.
- The next step in the process is to collect your luggage, before proceeding to the arrivals testing area. All passengers must complete a COVID-19 test on arrival into Canada, regardless of vaccination status.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers are strongly encouraged to pre-book their government approved accommodation prior to entering Canada. Passengers who have not booked their government approved accommodation prior to entering Canada can do so from the baggage hall. Booking at the airport will add additional processing time to your arrival journey.
- When testing is complete, fully vaccinated travellers can leave the airport. Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers will be required to go to their government approved accommodation.
To prepare for your arrival at Toronto Pearson, you can:
- Review Toronto Pearson’s Ready to Travel hub
- Download the ArriveCAN app and fill out the form
- Book your quarantine hotel (if necessary)
- Review the Government of Canada’s travel requirements
Due to additional screening and health checks during the arrivals process, connections may take longer. Please plan your connecting flights accordingly.
These new processes are in place to prioritize your health and safety and we appreciate your patience.