Rapid Antigen Testing for Departing Passengers
What you'll learn on this page:
Rapid antigen COVID-19 testing is now available on site at Toronto Pearson for departing passengers, free of charge.
Passengers are responsible to confirm the government entry requirements of their destination, including accepted COVID-19 tests. Read the travel advisory for your destination.
- Testing is available in Terminal 1, 7 days a week from 8am – 6pm.
- Antigen appointments can be made up to 2.5 hours before flight departure time.
- Appointments per day are limited. Passengers unable to secure an appointment in the predeparture timeframe must make alternative arrangements.
- Antigen test results are expected within approximately 60 minutes of your testing appointment.
- Passengers that test positive for COVID-19 on their antigen test will not be able to travel and will be required to take a confirmatory PCR test.
- Testing is available through the research studies until July 9, 2021.
Testing is made available at the airport as part of a research study supported in part by funding from the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP). Testing services are made available at the airport through Fionet, together with Alpha Labs, and OnPoint1 Health, and under the supervision of a licensed medical doctor.
Rapid antigen testing is available, through the research study, to passengers who:
- Do not have symptoms of COVID-19
- Are 5 years of age or older
- Are travelling to international destinations and are not connecting through Toronto Pearson
- Have a personal electronic device capable of connecting to the internet to view and display test results (such as a smartphone)
Note that passengers are responsible to confirm the government entry requirements of their destination. Tests are made available at Toronto Pearson through a research study. Eligibility criteria for the research study may not match passenger destination entry requirements. Please note, should it be determined that passengers do not fall within study eligibility criteria, we reserve the right to deny access to a test.
Note that US passengers are required to show a test result negative for COVID-19 as well as an attestation as part of their entry requirements.
Any participants that meet the following criteria are ineligible to participate:
- Participant unable or unwilling to provide informed consent in the registration process
- Currently exhibiting or have exhibited the following symptoms within 14 days of test appointment: Fever, chills, cough or worsening of chronic cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or taste
- Current diagnosis of respiratory illness or diagnosis of respiratory illness within 14 days of test appointment
- Frequent nosebleeds (more than 2 per month) and/or active nosebleed within 24 hours of the test appointment
- Nasal surgery within previous 3 months
- Acute facial trauma or injury
- Unable, or unwilling, to provide required sample
- Investigator believes participant is unsuitable for inclusion in the study (i.e., has serious condition(s) or other reason(s) that could limit their ability to participate in the study; or impact the scientific integrity of the study)
Steps to participate
- Before you get to the airport, use the Fionet Platform to:
- Register and create a profile
- Book an appointment
- Arrive at Terminal 1 or Terminal 3:
- Check in for your appointment
- Get tested
- Wait until you get your results notification via text or email
- View your results through your Fionet Platform
- Questions about your travel journey or accessing the testing centre? Call Toronto Pearson Customer Service: 416-247-7678
- Questions about testing services or technical issues with the Fionet Platform? Call Fionet Support Service: 647-490-0371