Our guiding principles
We value respect and integrity. In our daily work, we strive to model the following behaviours:
No matter our role, we always strive to execute flawlessly and remain accountable to passengers and partners.
We all act in a way that will inspire and lead people while achieving results.
Improve and innovate
By embracing diverse ideas and continuous improvement, we can build a creative and innovative environment.
We all commit to making a positive impact, as everyone has the power to positively influence others. Help us influence aviation and travel for millions of passengers.
A diverse workforce
We welcome the world to Canada every day, so diversity is one of our most competitive advantages. A diverse workforce ensures the we can meet the demands of a challenging global marketplace, drive innovation and provide a warm welcome to people from around the globe.
Corporate responsibility shapes our activities and operations. To achieve our vision of being the best airport in the world, we must manage the airport responsibly. We're working hard to maximize the economic benefits that Pearson brings, while carefully managing our environmental responsibilities and being a good neighbour to our local communities. Learn more about our corporate responsibility.
When it comes to air travel, you can never be too safe or too secure. To ensure the highest level of safety and security at our airport, we created the we created the Pearson Safety Program, as part of our commitment to achieving zero injuries to Pearson employees, passengers and visitors.
Departments at Pearson
We are made up many departments that help us thrive.
Airport Development and Technical Services
- Airport Development: Capital projects related to enhancing existing airport facilities or developing new ones, as well as master planning for future airport growth
- Aviation Infrastructure, Energy and Environment: Oversight of power generation, provision of airside electrical and aviation infrastructure maintenance, and environmental operations, auditing and energy management services
- Technical Performance: Asset management, operational and financial performance, maintenance systems, construction compliance, health and safety and training
- Terminal Infrastructure: Maintenance of our terminals, parking garages and the automated people mover stations, including building systems such as life safety, plumbing or baggage
- Aviation Operations: Responsible for airside operations and maintenance, as well as the maintenance of groundside roads, bridges and landscapes, and the provision of emergency response services
- Aviation Programs and Compliance: Develops and implements procedures to ensure stakeholder compliance with all airport standards and regulations
- Baggage Services: Maintains the reliability of the baggage system
- Deicing: Maintains the world’s largest deicing facility during winter operations
- Integrated Control Centre: Centre of operations and information flow; maintains airport-wide situational awareness at all times
- Finance: Supports internal clients with timely, useful information on strategic possibilities, performance and risk.
- Governance, Corporate Safety and Security
- Human Resources: Recruits, screens, interviews and places workers; handles employee relations, benefits, learning and development
- Information Technology Management: Key resource in the identifying, scoping, setting up and monitoring IT projects
- Stakeholder Relations and Communications: Develops and maintains communication content and channels, lobbies all levels of government for support and engages the community to maintain strong relationships with our neighbours
- Strategy and Growth
Customer and Terminal Services
- Commercial Development: Manages retail, food and beverages sales, as well as the parking and ground transportation services; leads real estate development and strategic or advertising partnerships
- Customer and Agency Management: Liaises with air carriers and government agencies, including Canada Border Service Agency, Canadian Air Transport Security Authority and United States Customs and Border Protection
- Passenger Services: Manages wayfinding and navigation signage, terminal ambiance, aesthetics and accessibility, as well as service and standards maintenance that includes cleaning and passenger feedback
- Terminal Operations: Seamless execution of passenger, air carrier and government agency operations within the terminals
- Groundside Transportation Services: Manages business planning and operations for all transportation to and from Toronto Pearson, including passenger and employee Parking, Taxis and Limos, Transportation Network Companies (TNCs), Car Rentals, Long Distance Transportation and Public Transit.