Since our last call for proposals in 2019, Toronto Pearson and the world has gone through significant transformation. COVID-19 has disproportionately hit the aviation, air travel, and tourism industries. As Canada’s largest airport and its main gateway, Toronto Pearson has certainly felt the weight of the pandemic. However, this rings also true for our community, they too have been overly burdened in the past two years.
Our community investment budget comes directly from a percentage of Toronto Pearson’s net profit, and although 2020 & 2021 have seen our ability to support and issue calls for proposals significantly reduced, we remain committed to our community’s development and prosperity.
Our Uplift Fund has a strategic focus on underemployment, COVID-19 demonstrated that the issue remains significant and has only been exasperated as a result of the pandemic. We look forward to help community organizations combat it through their programming.
We are proud to announce our Uplift 2022 Call for Proposals for a total of $350,000.
2022 Call for Proposals – March 2022
At a glance:
- Call open: March 21, 2022
- Call close: 5:00 pm April 20, 2022
- Notice of decision: week of May 24, 2022
- Application Form
Toronto Pearson is inviting organizations to submit proposals that will accomplish one or more of these goals that will help combat underemployment for underrepresented groups:
- Facilitate engagement, collaboration and establish meaningful partnerships and interventions with employers to work together to reduce underemployment and integrate workers with in-demand skills into workforce generating benefits for both
- Enhance wraparound support services in employment programs to ensure that people are able to successfully integrate into the labour market, retain and advance in their careers
- Expand existing programming into Peel region (Mississauga, Brampton, and/or Etobicoke)
In order to be eligible for funding, projects must:
- Be implemented in communities across Mississauga, Brampton and/or Etobicoke (or within a 17 km ratio from the airport);
- Have a maximum duration of proposed activity of one-year;
- Work directly with people who are experiencing underemployment;
- Submit a funding request ranging from $25,000 up to $75,000;
- Not represent duplication in funding for activities by other funders.
Application Process and Timeline
Interested organizations need to submit an application online presenting their ideas and proposed interventions and how they connect to one or more of the three objectives outlined above.
All applications must be submitted online by end of day Wednesday, April 20, 2022.
All organizations will be notified of the results of their submissions week of May 24, 2022. Projects selected for funding will need to provide a work plan, project budget and organization financial statements prior to signing an investment agreement.
An informational webinar will be held on Tuesday March 28, 2022 at 11:00 am, to register for the session please email email@example.com.
For additional questions about guidelines, application process, or request a list of the application questions, please contact the Community Investment Team at Toronto Pearson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General guides for Propeller Project partners
- Organizations must be a registered non-profit within Canada.
- Organization must be willing to provide audited financial statements upon request.
- Priority and preference will be given to projects and initiatives that have a positive impact in neighbourhoods surrounding Toronto Pearson (Etobicoke, Mississauga, Brampton).
We regret that we cannot support:
- Organizations that are not a registered non-profit.
- Projects operating outside of Canada.
- Applications from individuals.
- Professional associations/events.
- Private clubs funded through membership fees.
- Competitive sports teams.
- Religious organizations or any religiously affiliated groups.
- Political organizations and/or candidates.